Stjernen Hockey Fredrikstad has for several decades been one of the strongest ice hockey clubs in Norway. Still, we believe that the best days are ahead of us – not behind us. In 2023 or 2024, we will move into the new Arena Fredrikstad. Our ambition is to become the best youth department in Norway.
Stjernen Ung is now hiring a full time development manager / head coach for our oldest players in our U18 and U21 teams.
The development manager will be responsible for planning and organizing all sports activities and development work for these teams and players, both on and off ice. The main task is talent development and team building – and to lead the training on these two teams. You will work with both technical and tactical skills – and be coach in matches, home and away, but not all.
The development manager must ensure that the players receive good, individual feedback and follow-up along the way, so that each player can develop based on their potential, strengths and weaknesses.
The development manager will work closely with the hockey high school Wang Toppidrett, and also lead training there, together with the sports director.
Stjernen Ung’s development manager work close with sports director in Stjernen Ung and with head coach / sports director in Stjernen Elite, to ensure smart player logistics and to pick the right team for each match. Together with Stjernen Elite, you will safeguard a smart flow between the junior teams and the A-team.
An absolute requirement is to have a burning commitment to young people. In Stjernen, we first and foremost want to develop our young people into good people with the right attitudes and work habits. We believe that this makes good ice hockey players. Stjernen want to play an entertaining, fast-paced and effective ice hockey by keeping the puck in the team, combined with good skating skills and smart technical and tactical qualities.
You must expect significant work at evenings and weekends.
This is what we offer:
- An exciting job in a club that is growing and progressing – and that has ambitions.
- A position and a role that you yourself will be involved in developing and shaping.
- You will be part of our sporting management that will take Stjernen back to the top of Norwegian ice hockey at the elite level.
- A key job in a growing sports-interested city that supports its sports teams and athletes.
- You get to work with the district’s best hockey players – and get the opportunity to leave lasting traces behind you.
- You get to work closely with Wang Toppidrett and Wang Ung.
- You can also work with the players in our newly built off ice center of 1800 square meters.
- High level coaching / sports education.
- Coaching and / or sports manager experience in ice hockey from a high level at junior level (U18 and U21).
- Strong results, pedagogical qualities and a leadership style that inspire and motivate.
- Great capacity and a significant presence at ice training in the evenings and weekends in previous jobs.
- A positive and outgoing person and have good collaboration skills.
- Great commitment to developing the youth and junior players.
- Systematic, thorough, responsible – and enthusiastic.
The position is a full-time position. Wages in accordance with agreement.
Application deadline: Urgent, no later than May 10, 2021.
If you have questions about the position, contact the chairman of the board Roy Andersen, tel: + 47 90610530 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Christer Olsen, tel: + 47 926 57 864 / email@example.com
Application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo: Morgan Pettersen