Do you want to build Norway’s best junior department in ice hockey?
For decades Stjernen Hockey Fredrikstad has been one of the leading ice hockey clubs in Norway. But the best days are yet to come. In 2023 we will move to our brand new Arena Fredrikstad. Our ambition is now to build one of the very best junior departments in Norway.
To help us achieve our goal, Stjernen Hockey Fredrikstad is hiring for the position as Sports Director Junior. The Sports Director Junior has the main responsibility for planning and organizing all sporting activities and development work in our youth/junior department, which currently engages almost 300 players from age 8 to 21. Our Sports Director Junior will inspire, teach and make sure that the various teams work systematically on skills´ development all the way from kids´ hockey school to elite level, on and off ice.
The Sports Director Junior will work closely with the coaches of the various teams and must have solid leadership skills and documented experience from similar roles in the past. An important task is continuous monitoring and strengthening of our coach team through guidance and teaching.
In Stjernen Hockey, we first and foremost want to develop our young players into good people with the right attitudes and work habits. We will play an entertaining, fast-paced and efficient ice hockey by keeping the puck in the team, combined with good skating skills and smart technical and tactical skills.
To follow our teams closely you should expect that a significant part of the work hours is carried out during evenings and weekends.
What we offer:
- An exciting job in an elite club that is growing and prospering and has ambitions.
- A position and role that you will be involved in developing and shaping.
- Close cooperation with Stjernen Elite. You are part of our sport leadership that will take Stjernen back to the top of Norwegian ice hockey at the elite level.
- A key job in a fast-developing city that supports its sports teams and athletes.
- You get to work with many of the district’s best young boys and girls.
- You get to work closely with Wang Top Sports High School.
What we are looking for:
- You must have high-level coach education in ice hockey and/or sports education from college/university.
- You must have high-level ice hockey Sports Director/coach experience from a child / youth / junior level.
- Documented team results based on educational qualities and a leadership style that inspires and creates joy.
- Great work capacity
- You must be a positive and outgoing person and have good collaboration skills.
- You must have shown great commitment in developing children and young people.
- You must be systematic, thorough, responsible and enthusiastic.
The position is a full-time position. Wages in accordance with agreement. Stjernen Hockey can assist with apartment and car if needed.
Deadline: March 20, 2020.
If you have any questions about the position, contact the club’s general manager, Mr. Anders Åsle, tel: +47 924 93 000
Application with CV is to be sent to: email@example.com