Stjernen Hockey Fredrikstad has for several decades been one of the leading ice hockey clubs in Norway. Still, we believe that the best days are ahead of us – not behind us. Our ambition is to become one of the very best junior clubs in Norway – and this work has started.
Therefore, Stjernen is looking for a skilled and dedicated coach for our players on our U18 team next season. You will work in team with the club’s U20 coach, Wang Toppidrett and sports management on Stjernen’s A-team.
The position is part-time.
Stjernen’s U18 plays in the elite division in Norway and the team consists of about 20 players – most of whom are students at Wang Toppidrett. We have had several national team players in recent years – and some of the U18 players have also trained and played A-team matches this season. This year’s U18 team is in the playoff and fighting for medals. The clubs senior team is also playing in the elite division i Norway.
The coach at U18 will have the main responsibility for planning and organizing sports activities and development work for the team and the players, both on and off the ice. This work takes place in close collaboration with the U20 coach, Wang, Stjernen Ung’s sports manager – and Stjernen’s A-team.
This will be your responsibility:
- To plan and carry out good training sessions.
- Strengthen the technical skills of each individual and the team as a whole
- Strengthen the game tactical understanding and skills of the individual and the team.
- Motivate the team and the individual, contribute to enthusiasm, ambition and joy of playing.
- Ensure that players receive good, individual feedback and follow-up throughout the season.
- Ensure that each individual can develop optimally based on their potential, strengths and weaknesses.
- Ensure team selection and that the team has the right line up in their matches.
- Prepare, make tactical plans and do the coaching in matches.
- Video analyze matches and provide feedback before and after matches.
We are looking for a coach:
- Who has a solid coaching education, and who has coaching experience with older players.
- Who wants to develop good hockey players.
- Who has a burning commitment to young people and who wants everyone to develop.
- Who sees and has respect for the individual, and who builds the team together with the players through trust, unity and mutual respect.
- Who cultivates an entertaining, fast-paced and effective ice hockey where we keep the puck in the team.
- Has good leadership skills and a winning mentality.
We are now looking for candidates for this coaching job. There is also a possibility to combine this job with coaching jobs on other teams in the club. Stjernen can be helpful in getting a day time job and an apartment in Fredrikstad.
Wages in accordance with agreement.
Application and CV should be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible, no later than 1 April 2022.
If you have any questions, you can contact Chairman of the Board Roy Andersen at +47 9061 0530 / firstname.lastname@example.org